Welcome to my blog people :)

Monday, December 6, 2010

Digital Marketing

As a fourth year studying marketing, I have learnt the fundamentals and building blocks of marketing. 

In class, we were asked to draw a pie chart breaking up the channels companies use to market their brands.  The channels include television, internet, newspapers, radio, billboards, mass marketing (such as mail shots) and phone.  We were then asked to split up the chart depending on the amount of hours per week we use each source. Below is an example of the chart I drew up in class.


I usually spend about 25 hours per week using availing of the internet.  However, I'd say I have used the internet a lot more the past couple of weeks due to all these college assignments, as seen in the large increase of my internet bill!!  This just proves how imporatant the internet is to the marketing of any business.

The internet is increasingly becoming the best way for companies to market their products to their target market. Some companies extend their product range online, while others narrow it.  No matter what the size of the company, the internet is a vital tool to use.  Whether it be through a website or social networking platform, every business needs a presence on the internet.  Below is a video showing some statistics on online marketing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment