Welcome to my blog people :)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So what is NAMA?

I'm going to be completely honest, I have no idea what in the world NAMA is.  At first I was silly enough to think it was a country, but soon learned it was something related to the financial crisis. Snore ZzZz.... I know I have heard it all over the news and radio, but usually mentally tune out whenever anything about the depressing recession comes up.  I Googled it to see if I could at least get a definition so I could have something to write about for the purpose of this blog post.  From my research, I learn it is the National Asset Management Agency and was created in reaction to the Irish financial crisis and the deflation of the property bubble.  Not exactly my favourite topic of conversation....  


After reading some more I quickly got bored with all the facts and figures, and still had no idea what exactly NAMA is.  I am really sick of hearing all of this about the recession, and cannot wait until it is over and done with.  I must say I like the decrease in prices everywhere, but it's not worth all the depression and unemployment.  Hopefully it will be over soon, and if not I will be out of Ireland once I get my degree anyways!




No comments:

Post a Comment